This week we uncover more on how to create the top and middle layer of the customised explosion box. Check out the previous article on how to create your very own customised explosion box from scratch if you’ve missed out. These are the steps to create your own yin and yang card (bottom layer) :
Cut out a rectangular strip 6 cm by 18 cm from the vanguard sheet. Next, fold the rectangular strip into 3, at 6 cm intervals.
Taking reference from the above image, draw the outline of the 2 hearts before cutting out the shaded portion. Place your 5cm by 5cm photo in the middle of the strip.
Last but not least, fold the two hearts to intersect in the middle and add stickers to decorate the card.
After completing the yin and yang card, the next step is to design and do up the photo compartments.
The following are some templates and stickers that you can consider using to decorate the photo compartment.
To add on to the photo compartments, what we need are some quotes that you wish to share and let your partner know! The following are some of the quotes recommended by Artist Celine Chia:
1. Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favourite
2. You may not be perfect but you are perfect for me
3. Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart -Winnie the Pooh
4. How do you spell love? You don’t spell it, you feel it. -Winnie the Pooh
5. My love for you is a journey, starting at forever, ending at never
6. Forever is a long time, but I wouldn’t mind spending it by your side
7. I’ll choose you, without a doubt, always
8. You may hold my hand for awhile but you hold my heart forever
9. We are two lucky people
If you need more assistance with the yin and yang card or are stuck at any of the steps prior, feel free to DM us on our socials or sign up for a customised explosion workshop today!